Friday, September 24, 2004

Sick of Myself

I have officially got the cold that has been going around this house. My head is full of fluid, I'm constantly blowing my nose and my throat hurts from having to breath through my mouth all the time. I know, I know more information than anyone needed.

We ar moving out of Daniel and Tammy's today. We have asked to have DSL at our apartment, but it could take two weeks before we get it. They didn't have a modem at the telephone company so they are shipping it to us. So my blog may be empty for a little while.

Speaking of dsl...The phone company has a place in the mall of all places so we went to get our phone connected yesterday. They only have two people working there and it was pretty busy. When we finally got waited on we had quite a bit to do (get our phone connected, get set up with dsl and then our friend Ivica needed to get a Sim card for his cell phone. So we took a long time much to the chagrin of the people standing behind us. Well something happened and the lady helping us went to the back so the other lady come over to us and helped us out. When our first lady came back she stood behind the second lady which was at first ladies station (got it? good). So some angry lady waiting behind us comes over to our first lady and starts to ask for help, our first lady said she couldn't because she had to work at her station. A few minutes of arguing and our lady #2 moved away and let our lady #1 help us. As soon as lady #2 starts to help angry lady, angry man jumps in saying he needs help. So then our lady #2 starts to argue that angry lady was first. Several minutes of heated argument between angry lady, angry man and our lady #2 pass and then angry man gets up and leaves. It was quite a scene. Especially since I couldn't understand a word they were saying, but could figure out a lot just by expressions, gestures and tone of voice.

I am hoping to write blog thoughts manually while we are wihtout DSL so that I can add them to the real blog once we are online. So look for some dry spell followed by a gigantic posting a little later

7 comments:

Jamison said...

Brew, have you broek your addiction for Vics VapoRub yet? Maying it will help your cold! I remember you used to dab it right under your noce in college before bad... sad sad...

See? Again with the angry people there in France! Is arguing, complaining, and being mean the nation past-time or are you just always in the area when someone is mad at someone else...

we will miss your blogs!
jamison

bigsip said...

Sounds to me like they were angry to be behind you capitolist people. Sigh... Well, I can understand being in a hurry though. We went to a restaurant here in Washington the other night and sat for 45 minutes with no service other than drinks and taking our orders. Luke started getting fussy (as any 6/7 month-old would after sitting for over 30 minutes) so we decided to go back home and order something from the new Mexican place in town. We went to the front and told the l;ady we would pay for our drinks and leave. It was highly frustrating, but we were nice. No need to be rude you know. Anyway, we ordered our food from the Mexican place and they said, "Be ready in 5 minutes..." I kid you not! I went to pick it up, and sure enough, it was DONE and hot and fresh...I love the Mexican people!!! Bienvenidos muchachos!

mmullinz8 said...

OK so when Brew gets back I want to know how I can post a private blog.
I've got a story that I could consider writing as a blog.
This is all pretty funny.
Consider this, how would America have been different if we had something like this in colonial times?

Jamison said...

I also find it hard to post a blog, but enough clicking around I find it...
get to the main page of blogger, and see if there is a sign in button or link.
Once you sign in, I think you get to some page and if you see a "PLUS" (+) sign, click it, it is to add a blog.
But again, I never remember how I got there. Just click my friend, click...

Jamison said...

i cant beleive it has only been 5 days since brews last blog... like 9 more days to go...

go to www.batesinchina.com to see brews sister and brother in law as they live it up in china... they are .... ummm, they are teachers there... very cool pics

Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!

Nd North Dakota House Cleaning said...

Creative blog. I just kept looking at it over and
over! Im always looking for blogs like this!
Search for my tx texas house cleaning blog, it will leave you speechless.