Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Scruffy

I've decided to be bohemian and grow my hair out and a beard. It's day two of the beard and about a week since my last hair cut, so we'll see how long it lasts.

A stranger knocked on my door yesterday. He was well dressed in a suit and tie and he had a name tag on from some place of business. He spoke only French and Amy wasn't here so I did my best to figure out what he wanted. I could really only get out that I didn't speak French and that I was American. He said something about the telephone and I'm not sure if he thought it needed repair or was saying I had phoned him about something or if he just wanted to use the phone. He went away after I said no to whatever he wanted with the phone. Very strange though.

Amy and I bought groceries today. It took us two trips because we needed a lot and there is only so much we can carry without a car. We felt weird going to the same shop so we went to two seperate stores. Actually technically it was the same store, ATAC, but two different locations.

Yesterday, I was really early to my French lesson so I stopped on a bridge over a canal and watched the water flow for several minutes. While I was waiting a lady passed by pushing another lady in a wheel chair. A couple of minutes later I started heading to my lesson. Just over the bridge and down a little path I suddenly saw the handicapped ladies bum in all its glory! She was being held up by the lady who was pushing her, having just finnished what must have been a potty break! There they were strugling to get the ladies pants back up. Ahhhh! I've seen little boys and drunks relieving themselves in the city but never this. A naked bum is not exaclty what I had imagined myself viewing as I walked through the city that day.

2 comments:

Jamison said...

if i have a euro for everytime I saw a handicapped persons butt, I'd have 22 cents...

Jamison said...

since brews blog is more popular, I will post here that I have a pic of the vette on my blog...