Monday, December 20, 2004

A Short Post

This will be short. I have spent most of the day quite ill and I don't expect I have the strength or mental capacity to write a whole lot at this point. My blog pal Foolish Knight has asked everyone for their top ten songs of all time. I posted mine in his comments which you can read here although it is not the final version. i have a very hard time with the term "favorite." Mainly because it makes me try to say one thing is better than the other. If I say Star Wars is my favorite movie then it means I think To Kill a Mockingbird is not as good as Star Wars. When this is not at all true. Choosing ten songs was amazingly difficult. There are a whole lot of other songs that I enjoy just as much as those ten. Then there are a million more that I enjoy at certain moments to make me happy or sad or whatever...All this is to say I hope to make a new list on this site going over a whole bunch of my favorite songs/artists.

Being sick I slacked off even more on my movie watching. I still haven't finnished the Abyss and didn't get started on this weeks movie: About Schmidt. And now there is Christmas to content with. Maybe I'll get back on track in the New Year.

5 comments:

Foolish Knight said...

I think I'm going to crawl into a hole now.

midnitcafe said...

Why?

Foolish Knight said...

To hide from your wife. Didn't you say she was going to hurt me? I laughed right out loud when I read that, I thought it was very funny. But perhaps you weren't joking? [insert smiley face here] Anyway have a nice time in Paris, and say hello to the Mona Lisa for me, will you?

midnitcafe said...

It's so true though. I had been bothering her with my ramblings about which songs I should choose continuously since you first posted the question. Of course I'm constantly bothering her with various lists anyway. Lucky for you I was busy packing and finnishing up some holiday errands and didn't have the time to redo the entire list!

Merry Christmas to you!

Fl Florida House Cleaning said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
Go and find my ia iowa house cleaning blog.