Friday, March 18, 2005

Ooops!

Ok, some of you may have noticed your comments from my Question post have disappeared. This is entirely my fault. Recently, I added track back coding to my blog. This coding is supposed to help bring more people to my blog. How, exactly, it does this I am not yet sure. Something to do with linking to other, similar, posts, but I haven't read the details yet. Anyways, adding the coding to do the trackback apparently disabled the feature of e-mailing me whenever someone comments on my blog.

Yesterday, I wrote the question post, and today I wrote a new review for Hound of the Baskervilles. The way Blogger works is that every new post, pushes the previous one farther down the web page. Having not received any e-mails that anyone had commented on my Question, I wanted that post to remain on the top of the page. To manage this, I copied my comments and posted them in an entirely new post. Then I deleted the old post. Unknowingly, I had several comments on this post and they were deleted as well.

I have also just now read the comments posted to the blog over the last week or so. I thought no one was commenting at all, and suddenly I see you guys have been busy.

The webpage that I got the coding for the trackbacking from has also retained all of the comments I deleted. I will do my best to repost them to the blog, but I would appreciate it if you guys would repost your comments yourself.

My deepest apologies for the inconvenience.

No comments: