Monday, July 18, 2005

Kinda, Sorta Back

We returned safely from our two week vacation (what I was vacationing from, I am unsure)on Saturday evening. It was a grand, if exhausting old time.

I do plan to blog out the whole trip, but I'm just not sure when. We fly to America on Thursday and there is much to do before then. My landlady is coming over this evening for a final inspection, so we are busy cleaning everything to perfection. This is particularly difficult since we have no where to put our bags in this small place. Of course, we are also packing everything we have in preparation of our departure. I didn't think we had purchased that much stuff in our time here, but packing it all up has proved me wrong. We sent one suitcase with our friend Pamela when she returned to the states. We still have four very full suitcases sitting here, plus a large duffel bag, two small carry on bags, a back pack and a laptop bag. This is what we will take on the plane, but does not include the 2-5 boxes we will have to ship full of junk.

My wife is a pack rat extraordinaire. We've had far too many over arguments over the packing situation. You see I believe we should take what is necessary, and chuck the remainders, which too me includes stuff like books, towels and things. Amy likes me chucking my books just fine so she'll have more room for her pizza advertisements and torn maps on the backs of menus. Seriously, we've argued over whether or not to keep a Dominos ad, because it is in French and she might possibly one day want to use it for class. Such is life with a pack rat.

But I digress much. The point of this little post was to say I am not going to have time, most likely, to blog our past trip. Thursday is coming too fast to get everything down. Sometime in August I should have a moment to get it down, plus our trip home, Gatlinburg excursion and possibly the new move to Bloomington. So it will be a long period of nothing followed by a massive dumping of blog experiences.

Such is my blog.

No comments: