Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dreamin' Songs: Norah Jones - "I've Been Thinking About You"


The move to Shanghai has, in more than one way, messed up my blogging. Obviously I have moved back to blogger, which isn't so bad in itself except that it leaves all the words I wrote on Wordpress back at that blog. Also that blog had built up a good following and had a 6 grade on the Google scale. Unfortunately, I cannot log into that account to direct that traffic to here.

Frankly it is a bit of a pain in the butt to deal with the whole Chinese internet anyways. So many sites are blocked, and the ones that aren't are so often very slow I often just give up. Some of this may be the filtering through the firewall, some of it may be that there are 18 million people in this city clogging up the bandwidth. There are also several hundred in the Living Quarters of the school where I live and my guess is they are working off the same line.

Add all that to the fact that I am still culture shocking and trying to adjust, plus writing another blog all about my experiences here and you get a lot of neglect to this blog.

I am trying to remedy that, but it is difficult. Last night I listened a great deal to a Norah Jones bootleg that I hope to add to the Bootleg Country series real soon. It is a gorgeous, beautiful thing and I very much enjoyed listening to it.

I am quite sure this is why I woke up with "I've Been Thinking About You" in my head this morning. It is one of Norahs more jaunty songs, which means it almost makes it to mid-tempo. It has a Beatles-esque bass line banging it out and of course Norahs beautiful voice.

I could think of worse things to wake up to!

No comments: